Monday, March 06, 2006

a day without metatags...

HR thought they could make me cave and use their retarded "skills" instead of my rockin metatags and taxonomies for industry, business process, and technical knowledge. HA! They should know better than to have a category they ADMIT is "the one that's everything that's not a rule or regulation." Or a category called "Process." It's like a category called "verb." But I was good. I innocently reviewed how we had validated the development process with leadership, and leveraged the practice to develop the taxonomies, and asked them how they had come up with their approach - what was their development strategy for stakeholder management, business buy-in and user requirements gathering? (Of course I knew the answer was "we reached up our ass and found a spread sheet.") I offered to help develop the deck that would demonstrate "synergy." And in the process, I heeded big texas boss' advice as best I could and made my slides, well, kinda stupid. I leveraged a lot, linked strategically, and proposed a governance model. I worked the back channel lieutenant network and got Learning to sign up, along with HR, to follow KM's metatags and taxonomies - both their development processes and their current vocabularies. And after it was all over, I was thanked for "my objective eye." HAHAHAHA.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

oh my god, you're making my head hurt

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home