Thursday, February 23, 2006

I'm a plant today

Today I have to show up at a massive conference/teleconference call and "pretend" to ask questions that have in fact been pre-written for me by a comms person. I am "asking" questions that allow leadership to get various PR points across. I guess this makes the info appear less didactic? As it is given in response to an audience question? Except I am asking two of these here fake questions. I have some sidekicks in this endeavor, also asking planted questions. And there will be hundreds of attendees. but only 4 of us will be asking questions.......so dontcha think it will become clear that we are shills?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Ooh but that's so exciting to be a shill. I wanna be a shill! It's like play-acting. Just yesterday I was forcing our mutual friend's daughter, we'll call her Mabel, to pretend her name was Lucille, so that I could yell at her at the mall. Isn't that almost the same thing?

Back to you: you get to be a big shot and everyone around you treats you as if you're brainless. Wait, wait, I think you might be the President!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home