Thursday, January 12, 2006

dingue fever

Bec sends me a link to a blog by a girl who is cool and smart and funny and not hateful even though she lives in paris, is thin and pretty, etc., etc., etc., (check out her 31 things about me me me to confirm) and here i am reading it while eating a corporate-produced burrito at my desk, drinking a vat of diet pepsi, getting ready for a conference call where we will confirm the change management approach for the launch of improved digital search capabilities for our industry content. what happened? 20 years ago (argh) i was cool and smart and funny and living in paris. and even like her i had a husband named benoit....so maybe we know what's in store for her, poor girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

OK Ms. Sorry For Herself, you are still the coolest person I know, also funny and super smart, and getting rid of the husband was an excellent move. Still, Paris would most definitely be better than corporate America. Alas for us all...

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is cool and smart and funny and thin and pretty. So the only difference is that you don't live in Paris. I lived three years in Nice. It was a marvelous time, but it was what it was, and I guard those memories carefully and with great pleasure. But I've since built a grand bank of memories -- living on the island of Ponape in the South Pacific, traveling through Russia, falling in love and out of love. Marriages, divorces. Life, my dear, is a trip worth taking, but only if you participate. And it is your life. Take charge of it and life every day. Love your friends. Better yet, love yourself. Hell; take a vacation and go to Paris. I suggest you visit the Rodin Museum, not far from Les Invalides. An entire city block of rose gardens with Rodin's works scattered throughout. Go in the spring. Take a bottle of red wine, some cheese and a bagette and have lunch with Balzac.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home